Underage DWI

underage-dwi-drinking-balduf-syracuseRepresentation in Syracuse for Juvenile Delinquents

It is illegal in the United States for any individual under the age of 21 to purchase or consume alcohol. Any individual under the age of 21 caught consuming alcohol or operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol may be facing very serious charges. Individuals over the age of 21 are allowed a legal blood alcohol content of 0.07% in order to safely operate a vehicle; however, anyone under the age of 21 can only have a blood alcohol content of 0.02%. If you or your family member was arrested and charged with driving under the influence as a minor, it is vital that you retain the representation of a criminal defense attorney. Choose an attorney to represent you that has substantial experience working with minors and defending their rights and driving privileges after a DWI arrest. Our firm can help protect your future! ¬†We practice in Syracuse and it’s suburbs, Oswego, Fulton and Madison Counties.

Even first-time underage DWI offenders can face significant penalties. If you are between the ages of 16 and 21, you may be tried as an adult. Anyone under the age of 16 will most likely be tried in a juvenile court. I am prepared to defend you in either justice system. First-time offenders face up to a year of jail time, fines and community service requirements. In some scenarios, underage drivers will also have their license revoked until age 21 and be required to reapply for a license and be forced to pay a license application fee. Not to mention, underage drivers who are convicted of a DWI will carry a permanent record of a criminal offense. It is absolutely imperative that all necessary actions be taken to defend your future, driving privileges and your rights. An attorney from our firm can help!

Protecting Underage Drivers

Choose an attorney who understands that your future is important to you. There are times when simple mistakes and poor judgment play a factor in these arrests, and when you work with the attorney from our firm, we will do everything in our power to obtain a positive outcome to your case. When you retain our firm, we actively investigate your case and make sure that your rights were not infringed upon during the investigation, traffic stop or arrest. With the guidance of an experienced legal counselor on your side, you can rest assured that your case will be in good hands. I have done significant work with young people accused of crimes and personally oversees each case. I have both adult and underage children of my own and understand how crucial having a working relationship with them can be to protect their future. In order to ensure that your future is prosperous, it is important that you contact our firm right away. You can contact me for a free consultation to get started on building your defense!

See also

College Student Crime at


Bookmark the permalink.

One Comment

  1. Pingback: My child was charged with a crime, what can I do? – William L. Balduf, Esq.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *